Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Resting Time : 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
10-12 Whole Red Chillies De-seeded and soaked in water for approximately 30 Minutes
Garlic Chopped Finely – 2 tsp
Ginger Chopped Finely – 1 tsp
Soya Sauce – 1 tsp
Tomato Sauce – 2 tbsp
Black Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Vegetable Oil – 2 tbsp
1) Make a smooth thick paste out of the whole red chillies and keep aside
2) Take a non stick kadai and put oil in it and heat it.
3) Add the ginger and garlic and let it cook on slow fire till it turns light brown.
4) Add 3 tbsp of red chilli paste and stir it. Let it cook till oil oozes out
5) Add soya sauce and black pepper powder to it. Stir it for about 2 minutes
6) Add tomato sauce and salt to it and stir.
7) Add half a cup of water and let it cook for about 5 minutes
8) Check consistency. The sauce should not be too thick and should be a typical sauce consistency
If your taste buds like something hot and spicy try the very own schezwan sauce at home.
The schezwan sauce if preserved in a glass container covered with a lid in the refrigerator, then the same can stay for about a week to 10 days without getting spoil
Add some deep fried boneless chicken to the schezwan sauce and have it with fried rice.