Preparation Time – 15 Minutes
Cooking Time – 20 Minutes
Servings 4 Person
24 Okra (Bhindi/Ladies Finger) – Wash, Dry, cut head & slit length wise for stuffing (Refer Pic)
2 Large Potatoes – Washed, peeled and cut into wedges
1 Large Onions – chopped finely
1 medium tomato – chopped finely
2tbsp chopped coriander leaves
¼ tsp cumin seeds
¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
½ tsp coriander powder
½ tsp garam masala powder
Salt to Taste
Oil for deep frying
3 tbsp grated coconut
2tbs onion chopped finely
A pinch Turmeric Powder
¼ tsp coriander powder
¼ tsp garam masala powder
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry onion until light brown.
- Add coconut and stir fry until light brown on low flame
- Add all the dry spice powder (masala), stir for few seconds until you get the aroma of the spices.
For Main Dish
- Deep fry the okra & potatoes separately with little salt for approx. 4-5 minutes each on low-medium flame. Ensure the vegetables have cooked well.
- Remove to a kitchen towel to drain access oil
- Once cool down fill in the stuffing for okra and arrange in a plate
- In a frying pan heat 1tsp oil. Splutter cumin seeds, fry chopped onion until golden brown.
- Then add the dry masala and fry for few seconds until you get the aroma of the masala
- Add Tomato and fry well until it leaves oil. Add the fried potatoes. Add required salt (Remember we already add salt while frying okra & Potatoes, so adjust accordingly). Stir well and cook for 2-3 min until the potatoes absorb all the masala. Ensure the mixture is dry.
- Switch off the flame.
- Arrange the potato mixture along with the prearranged okra, garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- It can be served as starters as well as a side dish with Roti or rice
- The filling you can also make of just the mixture of all the dry masala with a pinch of amchoor (Dry Mango Powder) or any filling of your choice.
- A perfect dish for a special occasion. Enjoy!